Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Bob Dylan

I never really understood how people could enjoy listening to Bob Dylan. Now I don't understand why I'm starting to enjoy listening to him. I've downloaded some of his most popular songs and I'm slowly getting into it.

It took about 3 listens of the songs before I started enjoying the music... the repetativeness and length of some of the songs still annoys me a little. Maybe I'll get used to that too with time...

I like the lyrics even though I understand next to nothing. If he is trying to express confusion and strangeness, he's doing well :) if there's a deeper meaning, I'm missing out. I've tried looking up interpretations of some songs but couldn't find much. I'm still looking for a good "song meanings" site...

Maybe I'll write some more about Bob in a few months?


No comments: