Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Kate Rusby - The Girl That Couldn't Fly

I've just started listening to this album... It's amazingly calming in a time where I'm everything but calm...

She does old english style singer/songwriter folk with a enough of a modern enough touch to make it interesting for 20-somethings like me. I've appreciated the british/english/scottish folk but it always annoyed me a little after a while. Kate Rusby must be doing something different to not annoy me - I'm not sure what exactly it is at this point. It might be that the language is still understandable rather than using old obscurce that I need to look up in a dictionary.

Plus: Her accent is sooo cute :)

Favourite songs right now: The Lark, You Belong To Me, Moon Shadow, and Little Jack Frost

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you buy this disc? Can't remember...

Anonymous said...

Been listening to David Gray. Good stuff.

Nathan Funk said...

Haven't bought this disc yet. Julianna says some other discs are better. These are "Underneath the Stars" and the compilation disc "Ten."

BTW - Julianna - I was playing Kate Rusby for Daniel and Alisa this weekend, and Alisa really liked it. Your recommendation is bearing fruit!